In the City Camps is excited to share some unique ways to incorporate personality into your family’s sedar.
Create Your Own Haggadah
There are so many Haggadahs that it can be hard to pick the one that works best for your family. How about creating your own? Head to haggadot.com to mix and match blessings, themes, translations, songs, and more. Then download and print at home!
Matzo Crack Recipe
How does a crispy, flaky cracker layer topped with buttery toffee, melted chocolate, and sea salt sound to you? The best part? It’s easy to make! ***Pro-tip: Wear loose-fitting pants so you can eat it all!
· 4-5 lightly salted matzos
· 2 sticks (1 cup) of unsalted butter
· 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
· 1 (12-ounce) bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
· ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes or kosher salt
(1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Arrange a single layer of matzo on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
(2) Make the toffee: Combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan
(3) Bring to a boil, frequently stirring, until foamy and thickened (about 3 minutes).
(4) Pour the toffee over the matzo and spread into an even layer with a rubber spatula.
(5) Bake in the oven until bubbling all over (8-10 minutes).
(6) While it’s still hot, scatter the chocolate chips over the top and let sit for a few minutes to soften. Then, use a spatula to spread the chocolate into an even layer.
(7) Sprinkle with sea salt.
(8) Refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes, then transfer to a cutting board and cut into squares.